New Points Based System To Attract Top Global Talent
UK Visas& Immigration In 2021 - Post Brexit!
On 31 December 2020, at 11:00 PM, freedom of movement between the United Kingdom (UK) and the European Union (EU) will end and the UK will take back control of its borders.
This means EU Citizens will be treated in the same way as any other nationality, if they wish to come to the UK for work and live more than 6 months.
To meet this commitment to the British Public, the UK Government has introduced a single, global immigration system - the New Points Based Immigration System - which will come in force from 1st January 2021.
The Points-Based System will cater for the most highly skilled workers, skilled workers, entrepreneurs, start-ups, innovators, students and a range of other specialist work routes including routes for global leaders in their field and front-line healthcare workers.
The web site is being divided into mainly three sections to help you find the most relevant information easily:
- New Points Based VisasUK - New points based visas will replace current Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 4 and Tier 5 visas for the UK.
- Non-PBS VisasUK - Non Points Based Visas include, non-PBS work visas, family visas, visit visas and business visas for the UK. This section will also include Settlement Visas and British Citizenship.
- Sponsors section - Sponsor's section is for UK employers, organisations and education institutions who sponsor skilled workers and students to the UK.
Following visa categories are the most in demand visas for the UK immigration and hence they are listed below:
- Skilled Worker Visas - which will replace existing Tier 2 General and Tier 2 ICT (Intra Company Transfers)
- Global Talent Visas - which replaced Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Visas in February 2020.
- Start-up Visas
- Innovator Visas
- Student Visas - which will replace existing Tier 4 Visas
- Graduate Route - which is similar to Post Study Work Visa in the past.
- Youth Mobility Scheme - which will replace Tier 5 of current PBS and which was earlier called Holiday Maker Visas
- Family Routes
- UK Ancestry Visas
- Visit Visas
- Seasonal Workers and Overseas Domestic Workers
HSMP Services Ltd. is providing full and comprehensive UK Immigration Services successfully since past over 16 years to highly skilled individuals, entrepreneurs and UK employers.
Since the UK Government published its Policy Statement on Points Based Visa System in February 2020, we have been receiving regular inquiries over phone and through email and hence we have decided to completely redesign our web site with fresh and up to date information on UK immigration.
If you are planning to migrate to the UK as an economic migrant or as a family member of someone permanently settled in the UK, please contact us by completing contact us form so that we can provide the relevant information to you and help you with the visa application process.
We are currently working on creating an online Points Calculator for skilled workers which will easily help you to find out if you will meet the points requirements.
Switching Visa Category Within the UK
If you are already in the UK in a visa category which allows switching into other category of visa within the UK, i.e. without leaving the UK, we will be happy to help you in switching within the UK. Within each section, we will include the details about switching into and switching from the category.
Indefinite Leave To Remain in the UK
Some of the visa categories listed above, allow you to apply for ILR or Indefinite Leave to Remain (Permanent Residency) or Settled status. We will include relevant details in respective sections if you can apply for ILR from that category or switch into a visa category that helps you qualify for settlement in the UK.
British Citizenship or Naturalisation Applications
You can apply for Naturalisation or British Citizenship after you have been settled in the UK for at least 12 months or 1 year. Once you get ILR, you do not have any Immigration Restrictions and you become eligible for public funds and benefits.